Monday, October 24, 2005

Cracking The Da Vinci Code

Glenn Lucke, of Common Grounds Online, recently encouraged me to respond to La Shawn Barber's call for a blog swarm around the upcoming (May 19, 2006) release of The Da Vinci Code movie. As it turns out, I'll be speaking on that very topic in just a few weeks at Church of the Holy Spirit in Roanoke, Virginia. Time to pull out my copy of DVC and, sigh, read it again...

Of course, if the movie generates anything near the interest roused by the book, spring 2006 may come to resemble spring 2004. I vividly remember agreeing to speak on "Cracking The Da Vinci Code" at the Darden School back in February of that year. The Darden Christian Fellowship and I had never seen anything like it. One hundred and sixty people showed up, filling the room to overflowing. The free Chick-Fil-A may have had something to do with it... But then again, that same night over one hundred people came to the Center for Christian Study for just the lecture-no food.

I pretty much spent the rest of that spring talking about the book, I'm afraid. Not that that's a bad thing; it's just that there are, well, other things (like Paul's understanding of resurrection and the new creation) that I would rather talk about. But we'll see if spring '04 is a harbinger of things to come in the New Year. In any case, that initial Wednesday night lecture at the Study Center is still available, if you're interested. Still just the lecture--no food. Consider it my way of contributing (in my own bee-wildered way) to the blog swarm.

Click here to read the rest of the post...

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Hunter said...

Yeah, Bill, wish I could make it to the lecture in Roanoke, but you know how busy us Fellows are. ;) I'm going to give the lecture a listen over my Thanksgiving break, though, as I re-familiarize myself with all aspects of the "Wilderness," haha.

See you in a few weeks.

- Hunter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com